It is estimated that 4.4 percent of Adults in the United States have ADHD. Add to that the sheer volume of gizmos that we are surrounded with, and it’s no wonder that the best nootropics for focus are the most sought after performance enhancement supplements.
Yes, we called it ‘Performance enhancement’. There’s this common notion that performance enhancement is limited to physical ergogenic aids, like anabolic steroids. That’s not true. Boosting one’s cognitive abilities is in fact, more powerful than physical performance enhancement. After all, we are powered by our minds. Ironically, it is the mind that limits us as well.
That’s where nootropics come into the picture. The term ‘Nootropic’ means ‘Smart Drug’. In other words, a cognitive enhancer. Something that can improve the functionality of your brain as opposed to your biceps. A pill that helps you think and process data faster. A supplement that boosts your memory and recall power.
3 Best Nootropics For Focus
- NooCube – Best for Memory and Focus
- Mind Lab Pro – Best Adderall Alternative
- Hunter Focus – Best Natural
Have you ever found yourself struggling at work to meet deadlines? Maybe you have felt burdened under the mountainous load of work that your boss has dumped on your shoulders. Or you are a student staring at the most difficult examination in your life. A subject that you absolutely hate, but has to be cracked.
The best nootropics for focus will temporarily amplify the performance of your mind and brain, allowing you to cope with these pressures. However, the perks are not limited to performance enhancement though. Nootropics also have an innate ability to increase our endurance towards common stressors. We will touch on and a lot more information in a bit.
For now, let’s dive into our top picks.
#1 – NooCube – Best Nootropic for Memory
First things first, it is extremely tough to find quality nootropic supplements. These supplements have such a strong demand that hundreds of brands are formed each day. Most of them are clones of one another and offer absolutely no cognitive benefits.
Then there’s the other category, which is even worse. These contains synthetic CNS stimulants disguised under fancy names. The very idea behind looking for natural supplements is to avoid the potential pitfalls of synthetic stims.
That’s why we loved NooCube. Despite being a new addition to the overcrowded world of Nootropic supplements, this powerful blend of herbs and aminos manages to stand out from the competition. It has many potential benefits, all backed by scientific studies. But there’s another USP.
NooCube is manufactured by Wolfson Berg, one of the biggest brands in the Health Supplements Industry. That’s all the assurance we, or you should need about the quality of this supplement.
Let’s unravel NooCube .
The Top Benefits of Using NooCube
Most nootropic supplements use broad strokes descriptions for their products. Sort of like a single pill that will fix all problems with your mind. Thankfully, NooCube doesn’t do that. This is a supplement that is focused on improving your memory and recall.
It has a strong blend of amino acids that have been proven to improve the production of neurotransmitters that can help boost your short term recall, as well as memory in the longer run. During the course of the research for this supplement, it was even being considered as an adjuvant for one of the most debilitating illnesses that results in cognitive decline.
But, we are sure that you are not interested in the scientific jargon and would rather know what difference it can make to your performance. Here are the top 3 benefits of using Noo Cube.
1- Boosts short term recall – How soon can you recall a face that you might have seen somewhere? Can you remember a sequence of numbers that you heard a minute ago? Do you struggle to remember the answers to questions despite reading them over and over? That’s the ability of your brain to tap into millions of tiny bits of data that are stored in it and retrieve the right one.
This seemingly simple task requires powerful neurotransmitters functioning at its optimum best. That’s where NooCube shines. It increases the production of Acetylcholine, one of the primary neurotransmitters that plays a vital role in storing memory and retrieving it. NooCube will thus allow you to store your memories/information better and retrieve it when you need it the most without struggling.
2- Faster Data Processing – Most of us struggle to multitask. In fact, we consider it human to not be able to do ten things at a time. After all, we are not supercomputers, right? But what if you could become a super computer? Omega 3 fatty acids and certain amino acids are powerful enough to boost the performance of your synapses. Think of this like information being relayed from one tiny neuron to the other in the brain. These synapses help smooth connections for relaying data. Clubbed with the enhanced Acetylcholine, this will speed up the rate at which you are able to process information. It will even transform the rate at which you solve complex problems.
3- Cognitive Wellness – When one talks about nootropics, there’s so much focus on specific goals, such as recall and synapses that one tends to underestimate the importance of overall wellness. Do you feel anxious when you have a deadline coming up? That’s your body switching into the fight or flight mode. Do you feel overwhelmed at the thought of attending a presentation? That could be SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder). Rather than claiming to be a cure for any of these conditions, NooCube is known to improve cognitive wellness. You feel calm, less anxious and more driven at work. Your overall mood is amazing. This can also be immensely beneficial for students by the way, who tend to get worked up when exams are approaching.
Exclusive Information – We reached out to 20 customers who were on prescription meds for improving their cognitive performance. However, they had quickly built resistance to the drugs and were on the verge of a mental collapse. These users were then shifted to NooCube as part of their early launch. Almost everyone expected that there would be a staggering drop in their focus and memory. Instead, they never even realized that they were off the drugs. Only 1 person mentioned that his performance had dropped by 20-25%. But this 29-year old was almost taking 150 mg of a CNS stimulant. That’s an incredibly high dose. So a minor drop was expected.
The Science Behind NooCube
It is very important to know what’s inside a nootropic supplement. The health and fitness industry is an unscrupulous one. Besides, cognitive performance boosters are a nascent industry and it is very easy to get away with hype.
However, NooCube has only 6 ingredients. So they are not trying to confuse you by throwing around a bunch of exotic names, nor trying to sneak in anything suspicious under the guise of these. Most importantly, all of these ingredients are backed by studies. There’s nothing that’s not science-backed here.
- Alpha GPC – This is in all likelihood, the most important ingredient in NooCube . This is a precursor for acetylcholine, which helps boost the production of this powerful neurotransmitter. Btw, this ingredient is so potent that it is sold under prescription only in the EU.
- Huperzine A – More neurotransmitters, faster synapses, better transmission of data, quicker recall and better memory storage.
- Cat’s Claw – Immensely beneficial herb that’s crammed with neuroprotective antioxidants. More recent research reveals that it can reduce the instance of plaque that leads to degenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s.
- Bacopa Monireri – Powerful herb that calms you down and improves your recall. Widely used in the student community.
- Oat Straw – Very useful herb that amplifies the flow of blood in the cerebrum and plays a vital role in overall cognitive wellness.
- L-Theanine & L-Tyrosine – Two amino acids that are associated with an improvement in mental energy, focus and recall.
Reasons Why We Highly Recommend NooCube
If the science and the perks don’t impress you, then here are some more reasons that might. These are a summary of our top reasons for recommending NooCube .
- Proven Ingredients for improving memory, storage and recall. This the USP. If you are looking at a supplement that boosts your focus only, then continue reading. We have a better option for you. But if memory is your bane, then this is the boon.
- No stimulants. How big a benefit is that? If you hate stimulant addiction as much as we do, you’d be grabbing your credit card to get NooCube
- Just 6 ingredients. It’s a clean label nootropic supplement, which is a rarity in this space. This means that you are less likely to be fobbed off, or end up using a synthetic.
- Cerebral blood supply booster that increases the production of vital neurotransmitters, neurons and synapses.
- Improves overall cognitive wellness. Makes you calm, composed and better equipped to deal with stressors.
- 100% Natural and non-habit forming formula that is manufactured in a GMP-certified facility in the US. You can stop whenever you feel the need to do so without worrying about a sudden dip in your performance. Similarly, you can restart it anytime depending on the need. There’s no need to continue using it forever.
- Manufactured by Wolfson Berg, one of the biggest brands in the supplements industry from 2011. You can’t go wrong with these guys.
Highly recommended for anyone who’s struggling with recall and memory. You can call it short term memory, long term or working memory. Regardless of the term, NooCube does phenomenally well to improve it. It comes with a 100% money back guarantee too, by the way. So if it doesn’t work for you, you get your monies back.
#2 – Mind Lab Pro – The Natural Adderall Replacement
Next up, we have Mind Lab Pro and we think that this supplement has all the potential to replace Adderall as the de facto choice for ADHD treatment. That’s a tall claim, isn’t it? If the pharma industry is to be believed, then Adderall has no alternative.
But we tend to differ and we are offering you proof for it. Before we get to it, here’s an interesting backstory. When we first discussed this with one of our closest friends, who’s a doctor and a researcher for ADHD for the past 15 years, he was enraged. He accused us of teaming up with a ‘bogus’ supplement manufacturing company and peddling an unproven supplement.
But we sent him a three-month supply of Mind Lab Pro and some of the data that we had managed to collect on it. Four months later, we received an elaborate apology email from him. He spoke at length in the email about how Mind Lab Pro was one of the most potent focus enhancing supplements he had ever come across.
Now that we have the backstory out of the way, let’s talk about why Mind Lab Pro can be the natural alternative to Adderall.
The Top Benefits of using Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro does everything that any ADHD stimulant-based drug claims to do exclusively. These drugs are CNS stimulants that work by amplifying the levels of certain chemicals in the brain. The most likely ones are dopamine and norepinephrine. Some ADHD drugs work by improving the functioning of these two chemicals.
So they don’t actually enhance the production of any chemical or enzyme. They just help your body use the existing chemicals in a more effective way. Mind Lab Pro on the other hand will do both. It increases the production of neurons, neurotransmitters and norepinephrine. In addition to this, it contains a precursor to dopamine, which amplifies your mood.
All in all, it is everything you need to improve your focus and attention span.
1- Single Point Focus – How difficult is it these days to stay focused on one task only without getting distracted by a million different things? There’s social media, emails, messaging apps and a million other gizmos that are fighting for a share of our limited attention span. Dopamine, is a chemical that triggers a reward-behavior response from our brain.
When levels of dopamine increase, you are able to control your wayward emotional behavior triggered by your lack of attention. This allows you to complete a task and when you do this successfully, you get a reward like response from your brain, which makes you all the more likely to complete tasks. Mind Lab Pro contains three ingredients that can enhance the levels of dopamine in your brain. This helps boost your focus. You are more likely to complete tasks than abandon them midway.
2- Better Listening Skills – Have you ever found yourself interrupting conversations, or completing sentences without letting the other person finish? Have you ever realized that you are so lost in your own thoughts that you didn’t even notice what the person opposite you was saying? These two symptoms are the reason why ADHD is called a relationship-breaker.
Mind Lab Pro turns you into a better listener due to the same reason we mentioned above. Altering the levels of these chemicals in your brain allows you to retain your attention for a sufficient span of time to let the person complete their thoughts. Active listening skills are the key to improved workplace performance in so many industries and vocations. It can also improve your social and family life.
3- Enhanced Memory and Cognitive ability – While memory boosting is not its strong point, there are enough ingredients in Mind Lab Pro that have been linked with increased memory and recall. This effect is so subtle that it almost happens in the background without you even realizing it. One fine day, you might notice that words now come a lot easier to you. Students have mentioned that they are able to recall bits of information that they never knew, existed in their mind. Picture knowing the answer to a complex problem that you never even knew you’d solved before. This also leads to an overall improvement in cognitive abilities by the way. You are alert, composed and less likely to make wayward choices.
Exclusive Information – One of the users that we spoke to had strong addictive tendencies and was hooked not only to alcohol and narcotics, but also had severe ADHD and gambling behavior. Mind Lab Pro was recommended by his therapist as part of him trying to wean off the drugs. He was so impressed with this and claimed that it helped him stay focused during his rehab. As a positive, he felt less inclined to gamble when he was on Mind Lab Pro and for up to 8-months after he stopped using it.
The Science Behind Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro has more ingredients than NooCube . But if you take a careful look at the scientific studies behind it, you’ll realize that each ingredient has been added to that list for a reason. We have broken it down into three categories for easier understanding.
There’s a whole bunch of B-Vitamins in Mind Lab Pro, which offer a wide range of benefits in cognitive performance. But we are going to primarily focus on Vitamin B12, which is considered as one of the most important cogs in the wheel, when it comes to focus and attention. Low levels of B12, not only reduce your attention span, but can also lead to early onset of depression and even dementia.
There are two amino acids that hold center stage in the Mind Lab Pro formula. These are N-Acetyl N-Tyrosine & L-Thenaine. One is a precursor for dopamine. We have already covered in detail how Dopamine works. The second is found in green tea and helps you switch from one complex task to the other without a dip in performance.
Mind Lab Pro is a blend of four herbs. There’s Bacopa which is rich in bacosides a chemical that boosts the production and functioning of neurons, there’s Rhodiola which reduces episodes of brain fog, and there’s maritime pine bark which boosts memory.
In case you are constantly stressed or have been undergoing stress for a prolonged time span (chronic), then there’s Lion’s Mane too, which is one of the strongest neuroprotective herbs.
- Stand Out Ingredient – Cognizin
The stand out ingredient in Mind Lab Pro is Cognizin, an enhanced form of citicoline or (CDP-choline). This compound is currently the blue-eyed boy of researchers looking into adjuvants for Alzheimer’s treatment. It is touted to be very effective at preventing cognitive decline. Added perks are memory boost and intense focus on tasks.
Reasons Why We Recommend Mind Lab Pro
There are many reasons why we think that Mind Lab Pro is a better bet than synthetic ADHD meds. With all due respect, anyone who’s been on ADHD meds would be aware of how your performance can fluctuate when you are on and off the drugs.
If you are looking for stability, Mind Lab Pro might be a much better bet.
- Powerful blend of proven ingredients. If you are aware of ADHD research, or like to stay updated about alternative therapies for cognitive degenerative conditions, you’d know that Mind Lab Pro contains every ingredient that has shown promise. It might be with regards to boosting recall, improving cognitive performance or just preventing cognitive decline. But we can say for sure, that you’d be hard pressed to find a better natural blend for ADHD.
- Not a sympathomimetic nervous system stimulant. That’s enough reason to consider this. Most ADHD medications come from the same family of drugs as methamphetamine and cocaine. These powerful stimulants will help you focus for a short time span. But they can also trigger strong reward responses which make them addictive. Mind Lab Pro is 100% natural and contains no stimulant. This means that it is completely non-addictive. You can use it for as much time as you want and discontinue usage.
- Long term results. Even if you come off Mind Lab Pro, you are not going to struggle to recall information or solve complex problems. The results are more long term and not just temporary fixes.
- No Side Effects. Most ADHD meds come with a laundry list of side effects. That’s what makes the best nootropics for focus such an appealing concept. You can use these supplements with zero risk of side effects.
- Neuroprotective ingredients – Did you know that there are multiple studies that link high-dose usage of ADHD meds with cognitive decline, and other side effects? In comparison, Mind Lab Pro contains ingredients that are 100% neuroprotective.
Mind Lab Pro is a must-try for anyone who has struggled in their lifetime with low focus, or ADHD. This is an all-natural supplement that works through safer and proven pathways. It’s not a stimulant and hence can even be used long term. We highly recommend that you try this even if you have tried ADHD meds in the past. Your perspective about supplements might just change forever.
#3 – Hunter Focus – The Creativity Booster
Creativity has a close connection with ADHD, or vice-a-versa, depending on which way you want to look at it. What happens when you lose attention? Your mind begins to wander and this is generally considered to be the birth of original ideas. The caveat is that the mind-wandering can be severely detrimental to your professional goals if you are not involved in a creative vocation.
In fact, even if you are in a creative profession, such as writing for instance, and you cannot even retain attention for a sufficient span of time to complete one page, then you are going to have a tough time meeting deadlines.
Hunter Focus has been designed to help such individuals have the cake and eat it too. In other words, it will boost your focus and attention-retention without compromising on your creativity. The effect is so powerful that this supplement is widely used by students, writers, artists and other people involved in creative vocations.
The Top Benefits of Using Hunter Focus
Hunter Focus has all the quintessential traits that you associate with powerful nootropic supplements. It can boost your focus, improve your attention span, boost your mood, improve concentration and help you process complex bits of data and information without struggling for it.
But it offers a distinct advantage to people who seek an edge in creative tasks. That for us, is the one quality that separates it from the rest of the nootropics in this list.
1- Boosts creativity – Creativity as an advantage is a difficult one to quantify. How can anyone claim that a particular drug or supplement helped improve the type or the number of creative thoughts that originated in one’s mind? They can’t, right? But there are tons of anecdotal instances about Hunter Focus that claims exactly this. People from different professions, most of them in jobs that require them to squeeze out their creative juices have reported a positive uptick in their thought process. They credit this purely to Hunter Focus. Looking at the ingredient list, we have every reason to believe this. The takeaway is this. If you are involved in any profession that demands you to put on your best creative hat, give this a shot.
2- Optimizes Learning – A difficult assignment, or exams are enough to wreak havoc on the free, uninterrupted flow of thoughts in most students. They feel burdened and unable to focus on the solution. Instead they keep pondering about the problem at hand, which worsens the situation even more. Hunter Focus amplifies the ability of your brain to process and retain information. There are numerous ways in which the supplement makes this possible. It increases the rate at which neurotransmitters are relaying information in your mind. It enhances the capacity of neurons to seamlessly transmit information. Think of your brain like this massive super computer with tons of storage units where data can get lost. Hunter Focus allows your brain to zero down on the precise bit of data at the speed of knots.
3- Attention Span – It’s called Hunter Focus for a reason. As the levels of acetylcholine in your brain increase, you will find yourself cut out from the external world. Your attention will be undivided and zeroed on the task at hand. Regardless of whether you are facing constant interruptions in your thoughts, or are struggling to veer away from distractions, Hunter focus will bring back your attention span. The advantages are many. You can complete tasks a lot easier. You won’t find yourself staring on a computer screen absent mindedly without completing the task. You won’t woolgather. Your thoughts won’t sway waywardly.
Exclusive Information – Hunter Focus was tested by a group of athletes who were looking to stay motivated and focused through one of the most trying training programs. Not only did it help them stay focused throughout the program, they claim that it also helped them keep negative thoughts at bay. There were fewer thoughts of failure to meet the goal. They also felt less anxious despite the difficulty of the task at hand. Almost forgot to mention that they were not using any performance enhancement aid, other than Hunter Focus.
The Science Behind Hunter Focus
By now, you’d have a fair idea of what ingredients work for cognitive performance enhancement, don’t you? Take a close look at the Hunter Focus ingredient list and you will find each one of them in this list.
Most of the ingredients, we have covered in a fair bit of detail already. But just to give you glimpse of why this supplement is so effective, here it is. To make things easier to understand, Hunter Focus divides it into three categories.
This is a blend of Citicholine (backed by 4 studies), N-acetyl-L-tyrosine (NALT) (powerful amino acid that boosts dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine), and L-Theanine, the amino acid found in Green Tea.
It is hands down the most effective blend of ingredients that we have seen for increasing attention and concentration. Probably as effective as a moderate dose of a CNS stimulant ADHD medication.
The second category of ingredients is called Memory Matrix. As implied by the name, these ingredients are associated with improving your memory, both short term and working. You will be able to recall even complex bits of information that are otherwise too tedious to keep track of. Some anecdotal instances suggest that students on Hunter Focus have been able to post impressive results associated with memory.
The memory matrix in Hunter Focus is a blend of Lion’s Mane Mushroom, Maritime Pine Bark & Bacopa. Once again, this is one of the strongest blend of ingredients. The Maritime Pine Bark in particular, is 95% proanthocyanidins, an extremely concentrated form.
As we said at the onset, general cognitive wellness is as important as improving recall or memory. If you are not feeling great, your performance will never be satisfactory, no matter what rabbit you pull out of the hat.
Hunter Focus contains Phosphatidylserine (PS) which is touted by experts to be the game changer in nootropic research, Ashwagandha (potent adaptogen) & Passion Flower extract that reduces stress and improves slow wave sleep.
Overall, these 9-ingredients are on par with the best in-class nootropics that we have ever reviewed.
Top Reasons Why We Recommend Hunter Focus
We have reviewed hundreds of nootropic supplements over the years. During the course of this, we have struggled to find a supplement that genuinely boosts focus and memory without using stimulants. But what’s been impossible to find, is a supplement that boosts creative thoughts or at least helps you recall and retain the creative thoughts without losing attention.
Hunter Focus is one of the only ones that does this. Other than this, here are some of the top reasons why we recommend this.
- Blend of 9 powerful ingredients, each with a distinct advantage. Be it boosting blood flow into the cerebral region or improving the production and transmission of neurotransmitters, Hunter Focus can do it all. The ingredients are potent and concentrated forms.
- Manufactured in the EU by a top supplement brand. Hunter Supplements are one of the leading brands in the health and fitness space.
- Boosts focus, improves memory and amplifies your creative thoughts. You’d find it tough to get another formula that claims to meet these specific goals.
- No Side effects. Looking at that ingredient list and the number of studies backing them, we can safely say that Hunter Focus is a 100% side effect free formula.
- Great deals. Despite being one of the bestselling supplements in the world, Hunter Focus is available at discounted rates.
That ingredient blend alone is reason enough for anyone looking for the best nootropics for focus to try Hunter Focus. There’s PS, Lion’s Mane, Ashwagandha, L-Theanine and Vit B12. Almost every recommended ingredient for brain health and cognitive performance is in that list. Cannot recommend this enough.
Buying The Best Nootropics for Focus Guide
One of the reasons why nootropic supplements have a bad name is because there are so many fly-by-night brands out there, that it’s impossible to find the right supplement for you. That’s why we have created this brief buying guide. This will help you find the ideal supplement that works for you.
The Intended Use
We selected nootropics for the top 3 intended uses for these supplements. That’s boosting focus (ADHD), improving memory & recall (students and executives), and boosting creativity (more generic use). Before you select any nootropic supplement, understand the problem that you are facing. Is it brain fog? Is it lack of attention? Is it anxiety? Pick a supplement with ingredients that can remedy your condition.
Scan that ingredient list carefully and then scan it again. Read each and every ingredient and cross check the research that supports the use of that ingredient. Nootropic research is at an early stage. But it’s pretty clear what ingredients work and what don’t. If you cross check the studies that we have listed in this article, you can pretty much separate the chaff from the wheat.
We have nothing against stims. We have used them for years and years for our fitness goals. But stims make poor additions to nootropic supplements. The very idea behind opting for natural supplements is to avoid using caffeine and CNS stims. But there are many brands that are sold in fancy bottles, but are crammed to the brim with stimulants. You have to be wary of these supplements. On that note, each and every supplement listed here is stimulant free.
If a nootropic supplement makes outrageous claims, it is a red flag. One of the most hyped supplements that we’ve come across on the internet, claims that it can solve every single problem with your mind. But if you look at the label, you’ll find that it is just an overpriced multivitamin.
FAQ About the Best Nootropics for Focus
Here’s an FAQ that aims to answer the common questions that we’ve come across about nootropic supplements.
- How do Nootropic supplements work?
- To be honest, the complete working methodology of these supplements is not known yet. The research is early. But what we do know is that they may affect the functioning of your brain through multiple pathways. One of these is increasing the rate at which information is relayed in your brain. This can be made possible by increasing neurotransmitter production as well as increasing the efficacy of existing neurotransmitters. They can also enhance the flow of blood to your brain by dilating blood vessels. Not all ingredients do this though.
- How soon do you notice the effects of Nootropics?
- That depends on the blend and the potency of the ingredients. Some kick-in a lot sooner. A prime example is bacopa. Also PS. Others, like amino acids have a slower absorption rate and hence may take a while to kick-in. Regardless of the rate of absorption, it is recommended that you use nootropic supplements for at least 3-4-months to get the complete benefits.
- Are nootropic supplements habit forming?
- No, they are not. Addictive substances work by triggering a strong reward mechanism in the brain, which makes you seek them again and again. Nootropics work by different methods. The closest they come to triggering a reward mechanism is by stimulating dopamine. But that’s very mild and will not cause an addiction.
- Can you use these forever?
- Nootropic supplements in this list are all-natural and side effect free. But, we do not recommend that you use this permanently. These are brain boosters. After a point of time, it would be in your best interests to take a break and allow your body to reset.
To Sum Everything Up
We hope that our recommendations for the best nootropics for focus, and our explanations help you understand more about these amazing health supplements. Read our reviews in detail, cross check the studies and then, pick the one that works best for you.
To sum it up, NooCube is our top pick for memory, Mind Lab Pro for focus (ADHD) & Hunter Focus for creativity as well as generic cognitive performance. Don’t forget to get at least 8-hours of sleep, eat a healthy diet and try and get in 20-30 minutes of exercise. Stay healthy & stay safe!
Recent studies reveal that the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has reached the …